Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I can't help but think of mom and where she is at right now. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. What a terrible time this would be if we didn't know we could be reunited with her again or to know that she is happy and her Spirit is alive carrying on the work on the other side. She is pain free and I know she is happy greeting and reacquainting herself with parents, grandparents, friends, and family. I can picture her smiling, laughing, and walking around trying to find all those she has done genealogy work for, or find her scripture heroes, and ancestors to thank them for paving the way. She's probably trying to find out where she can sign up for the heavenly host angel choir! I think she has probably been embraced by the Savior and has been told "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." Mom lived a full, rich, life blessing all those she knew. She will be missed, but because of the plan of salvation we will see her and be in her presence again!

5 comments:

  1. Norma was my HERO! When she heard that I had a degree of kidney failure and might have to go on dialysis, she immediately said, "you can have one of my kidneys." I was so touched by her willingness to give me a kidney. It wasn't needed but I'll never forget the love she showed me by offering. What an example she has been for all of us as she accepted this cancer and possibility of an early death. She never hesitated in saying, "If it's my time to go then I'm ready." She didn't hesitate at all to do our Father's will. I want to be like Norma. She will always be my example and my HERO.!
    Love, Aunt Philis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog for awhile and checking in on Norma.. She was an amazing woman,she will really be missed and your Dad was my teacher in School way back in the day..He is a wonderful Man and your family is truly amazing. You young ladies have done a really incredible job of journaling for your Mother. I know she is really proud of all you children. The Gospel is soo true. May God be with you and bless you always.
    Love, Terri C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A special note to Marc. Hey Marc I hope you get this. I just wanted to say hi and tell you that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We were planning to be there tonight to see you and attend the viewing but our car broke down last night in phx. I hope all is well with you. May the Lord bless you and keep you.
    Love,
    Camden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have thought of all of you with love and pray that there is peace in your hearts knowing what a very Special Lady your wife is Stan and what an exceptional Mom to you children. She was so brave during her last days here on earth and will be rememberd and admired forever in our hearts. We love you all very much and will never forget.
    Love,
    Ted and Judy

    ReplyDelete