Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A loving husband. . .

My dad has been a real trooper. He has taken over the laundary, the dishes, the cleaning, the cooking and every other chore my mom did that she can't now. He has been at her side every step of the way. He makes sure she gets her pills on time and her food when she's hungry. He's there in an instant whenever she needs him. And today I witnessed another quiet act of love that he rendered to show how much he loves her. Before they left for Mesa to go see the radiologist and hopefully start a treatment this week, my dad tenderly placed his hands on her head and called upon Heavenly Father through his priestood power to help my mom make the trip as comfortably as possible. By the time he was finished he was in tears along with Kanani, Kuliana, and myself (Lehua). This was the first time throughout this trial I have seen my dad cry. I am so grateful for my dad and the worthy man he is. He hasn't turned from the Lord, but has turned to Him for help and strength. What a good example of faith he is to me.

4 comments:

  1. You're right Stan has really been a great help. I've asked him to come and do my house but haven't had any luck. Both of them are spiritual giants and will make it through these tuff times because of their faith. Love to them from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrons in the Korea Seoul Temple and the Seattle Temple will also be praying for you as will this cousin and her husband serving as missionaries in South Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been blog-hopping tonight, and came across this blog from the Dodges.

    I remember Norma and Stan from growing up in Thatcher - Lelani is my age, and we went to various camps together. My maiden name is Mack, I'm married to Del Claridge.

    Our thoughts and prayers are with Stan and Norma and the rest of your family. Feels like I grew up with your family, even though we were from neighboring towns - stake activities, sports, etc. Hope all goes well and you find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you all know that you are in all of our prayers.... i sent this blog onto my entire family, i hope that is o.k. You are an Amazing women Norma...


    Love Darelyn Campbell(taylor) Darla&Weston's daughter.....

    ReplyDelete